Bloodbeards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Bloodbeards

Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythm Of The War Drums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clan Steelshadow

Go down 
+2
Oskar Bloodbeard
Blood Moon Witch
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Blood Moon Witch

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi there! Not sure who all plays here, so some of you might remember me from .. ages ago, on Amia. :] But I'm looking to found a new duergar clan to join you guys in Underport, and I was posting here to let you guys know and hopefully find some help with Duergar lore and how to go about it. Hehe.

I've decided to name the clan Steelshadow, and the goal is for it to be very Wizard and Economic oriented - my hope is that this theme won't conflict with the Bloodbeards, so that we might have an alliance. Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Oskar Bloodbeard

Oskar Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 12:00 am

I know you! Oh wait.. that's cause we're talking on MSN *facepalms* Laughing

I realy hope you get some success forming this, I'm already imagining the wars with the Drow and all the nasty scheming things we can get up to...

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1129173371&ref=profile
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 2:41 am

Okay, first things first Witch. If you're planning to make this a Lore based clan, one that runs in line with traditional beliefs of Duergar, do not copy the bloodbeards. We are anything but normal duergars *cough*. You will also need to rethink the wizard thing. Duergar are not heavy spellcasters, they are a psionic race, and thus there spellcasting abilities are near non-existant. Spellcasters in the Duergar race are extremely rare, to the point where it's like 30 at most exist in the entire Duergar race. If spellcasters are to be made, I suggest heavy focus in mind related spells and spells like gust of wind, things that seem to have no physical effects on a character. Like no fireballs, no lightening bolts and such. Focus in Illusion would be an excellent idea. You could then RP the clan as a psionic spec clan. This is reason why the bloodbeards have little to no wizards.

Yes I am the annoying lore monkey. But I'm usually right about these things.

Sorry to rain on things like that. But some knowledge of the duergar race as a whole would be a good start to making any new clan. The name of the clan also sounds like a roguish clan. Which is very Duergar.
Back to top Go down
Zafriah

Zafriah

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 4:35 am

Kroann Bloodbeard wrote:

Yes I am the annoying lore monkey.
Clan Steelshadow Angry-monkey

Kroann Bloodbeard wrote:

But I'm usually right about these things.
True. It's nice to have people who know the lore and can beat it into the rest of the clan. (More specifically persons such as myself, who often wait until someone else has figured it out. It saves me using my brain as much. )
monkey
Back to top Go down
Tor_dek

Tor_dek

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 7:21 am

We have A PM in our ranks, not a Bloodbeard (an invite) so their are Duergar Wizardly types out there, and I've seen another one atleast (well I think he said he was half-duergar). I see no possible conflicts in theory, but we can see how it goes..

*Tosses banana to the Lore Monkey*
Back to top Go down
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:55 am

I said they where rare. One of two PC's would be fine. But a clan of wizzies is my beef heh.

Anyway, chatted it through with Blood. Seem's blah anyway. Amia's screwed up duergar lore from day one, salvage what you can, do what you like with the rest pirat
Back to top Go down
Blood Moon Witch

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:00 am

Well, I can only work with what bones the Amia staff and NWN engine will throw me! In the meantime, I look forward to seeing some of you ingame. My character is Brilmara Steelshadow. Any ideas on how I should go about recruiting?
Back to top Go down
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 9:09 am

Blood Moon Witch wrote:
Well, I can only work with what bones the Amia staff and NWN engine will throw me! In the meantime, I look forward to seeing some of you ingame. My character is Brilmara Steelshadow. Any ideas on how I should go about recruiting?

Wasn't getting at you. Was getting at Amia and it's terriable Duergar Lore as we discussed.

And suggestion, fart, seem's to work for recruiting in the Bloodbeards.

Seriously though, make a forum on amiaworld.net. Start recruiting interest there. Do a few things actively with a small bunch you have. Don't get overelly picky about players and give everyone a chance (unless there a proven git faced bastard, then tell them to go jump in a lake). Basically all that good stuff. Recruit some freinds to help out.
Back to top Go down
Galen

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 5:18 am

*shameful hijack!*

G'day everyone, most of you know or know of me. To those that don't I go way back with the characters Jack Galenson and Keldorn. I also had Malak Bloodbeard back in the day.

I haven't came crawling back with my Bloodbeard though, instead I've got a 6'5 Orog leading a bunch of greenskins on one hell of a war path. Coz Greenskins don't like Drow and Duergar don't like drow, I think we could work something out, get an alliance going or whatnot. (Coz I know several of you gits are in the Boys forum aswell! Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
Tor_dek

Tor_dek

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm

Stop stealing my players.. *Glares*

An alliance.. We shall see..
Back to top Go down
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:29 am

I highly endorse this idea. If for no other reason then it's one less thing I have to worry about my characters coming into conflict with.
Back to top Go down
Tor_dek

Tor_dek

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 9:17 am

Kroann Bloodbeard wrote:
I highly endorse this idea. If for no other reason then it's one less thing I have to worry about my characters coming into conflict with.

Thanks for your input. Anyone else have an opinion?
Back to top Go down
Zafriah

Zafriah

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 6:01 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
Oskar Bloodbeard

Oskar Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:15 pm

I think BMW has changed her mind about having a Duergar Clan.
Back to top Go down
Kroann Bloodbeard

Kroann Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:36 am

Oskar Bloodbeard wrote:

Hope that wasn't my fault....
Back to top Go down
Zafriah

Zafriah

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:49 am

Kroann Bloodbeard wrote:
Oskar Bloodbeard wrote:

Hope that wasn't my fault....
I'm guessing it was "all too hard". So no, not your fault.
Back to top Go down
Oskar Bloodbeard

Oskar Bloodbeard

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Locking this, it's not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Clan Steelshadow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clan Steelshadow   Clan Steelshadow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clan Steelshadow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bloodbeards :: Off Topic-
Jump to: